Escalator and Elevator Modernization Services
The decision to modernize an elevator is less technical than you might think. It really boils down to the unique business case and financial considerations of the owner, more so than any one technical issue.
We help our clients understand the key components and considerations for an elevator modernization program, uniquely applied to their situation, in addition to providing an expert assessment of the condition of their equipment.
If you are concerned about the viability of your equipment and beginning to wonder if it is time to modernize your elevators, we can guide you through that process, framing for you the trade offs of maintaining aging equipment versus moving forward to modernize. It’s a process that we go through together, requiring information and time on your part, as well as ours.
Here are several questions to consider:
- Is your equipment over 25 years old?
- Is the manufacturer still in business and supporting your equipment?
- How readily available are parts?
- What’s the maintenance history for the past 12 months?
- What’s your tolerance for surprise and unpredictability in the operation and costs related to maintaining the equipment?
- What capital investments are needed in other areas of the building — and when?
- What are your goals for the building over the next five years?
So the answer to when and how much to modernize isn’t based on a single technical issue, but part of a larger consideration of the maintenance and service history, as well as the financial investment and ownership plans for the building. Elevators are often the most expensive capital investment in a building. The time it takes to gather the data and consider your options is time well spent in support of a business-driven decision.
We can provide you with the technical assessment and data you need to support your planning. Please give us a call, 856.324.0621, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.